Sunday, January 25, 2009

Life in the MTC...

So... getting used to life in the MTC. Randy entered the MTC on Oct. 22nd and his first letter home was an email he sent on October 27th. Mondays were P-Days in the MTC. Here's a little of what he had to say:

Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:25:06 Ok, this is going to have to be a short letter. I don't have much time because we are still getting used to finding a place where we can email. The first couple of days have been really good here. I am learning more than I ever have when it comes to the gospel (accept for those late nights when dad would pull me aside and try and teach me some pretty deep stuff, of course). You were definitely right though there really is no reason to be nervous. My only concern is my concentration. I am still getting adjusted to the whole studying for the whole day. This really will help me in college with my study skills. Oh and just so you know i think I am the only elder in my discrict that hasn't gotten and mail yet. I wanted you to know that because I feel a little left out : ). Umm, I'm actually out of time and have to continue studying so I will write you next week and I promise I will spend more time on it.

So the Booths (and Andersons and Rawsons) have to get on the ball and send letters and packages. Well, Randy can agree with me in saying that after that he was spoiled. He received lots of packages in the MTC and we hope to keep sending them (not as often as it costs A LOT more to send them to the Philippines).

Just a little preface to the rest of this post (and all others, actually). As Randy's sister, I am trying to figure out who people are and what is going on in these pictures. I am going to post all of the pictures I recieve, but I'm not sure that all of them will be explained. I'm also not sure that they will be labeled either...

To get started, here's some of the layout of Randy's world in the MTC:

His Desk (where he spent a lot of time - new for Randy :)...


His bed (where we hope he spent more time)...


His Closet (where he probably spent no time at all, although with Randy, one can never be sure...J/K)...


Here's a few outdoor shots of the grounds:


Here's Randy's companion, Elder Wade, in the MTC (he's in the yellow in the first picture):


This is one of Randy's roommates, I think Elder Jackson, from Australia:


This is some hallway fun with some of the other elders who were rooming nearby. I have to be honest and admit that I don't know who any of them are ( I just know that they like to brush their teeth in the hallway)...







Looks like lots of fun! Good luck Randy!

Here's a quick video. It's the second of two, but the first one is about 13 minutes (way too long to upload)! Let me (Michele) know if you would like to see it and I'll get it to you...


No comments: