Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another Bridge and some interesting wildlife...

This is another one of those posts with a hodgepodge of different pictures. The first pictures are of, in the words of Elder Booth, "the biggest caterpillar I have ever seen." That one is pretty big and chunky, and although I never saw one quite that big, it does remind me of the tomato hornworms we used to peel out of our garden and feed to the chickens. Maybe Elder Booth remembers doing that (or maybe he was way too young)...


These next pictures are of a river (or stream) somewhere in the Philippines.
Look how green it is!!


Can you see the small hut?


This is another remote bamboo bridge. Elder Booth says it is in the middle of nowhere.
I hope it is pretty kept up (or Elder Lucas is going for a swim).




A Water Buffalo?


Elder Booth sure likes the flowers in the Philippines! Here's another one!


This one is a "very cool looking spider," according to Elder Booth. He also said that
it "pretty much scared me to take the photo." I think I would be scared too!
I'm not sure how much Elder Booth zoomed in, but it looks huge!

This last picture that looks like a giant cow, is actually a caribou (or water buffalo).
It looks like it's in the middle of some garden somewhere in the city.

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure there will be some more random shots to gather together soon!

No comments: