Thursday, October 8, 2009

The place where we eat every Sunday

Elder Booth and his companion, Elder Lucas, eat at the same house every Sunday. They have a great time and the family is very nice. Here is a picture of the family with Elder Booth and his companion, along with some other elders.

Here is Elder Lucas with Angel, the daughter of the family that feeds the elders every Sunday. Yes, those are elders in the background on the computer - one of the reasons Elder Booth couldn't email for a while :(

The next pictures are Elder Booth, Elder Lucas, and one of the family members having fun with the camera...

Elder Booth

Elder Lucas

???

???

Here is a letter from Elder Booth around the same time these pictures were taken.


Date: March 23, 2009 1:17:56 AM PDT
Subject: Maayong Gabi!!

Well, hello everybody. Sorry if this one is just a little bit shorter than the other ones. Today has been a little crazy and really unorganized. I'm loving it. You know how much I love unorganized. Nothing has changed around me. Me nor my companion transferred this time. Oh, and none of the elders transferred that I am living with either, so that is all the same. We were actually the only two companionships in the zone not to change. We got a new district leader. That is about the only thing that changed and affects me. He is pretty cool. Well, he might be a little too cool. He is really fun but does not care about the rules as much as our last district leader. He is a hard worker, though, and still sees fruit from his labor.

All of my investigators have not changed a whole lot. I think the high light of the week though was at church when we had one investigator come to church. It was actually Amy. Ironically, she was the lady that took a picture of me, or maybe it was her sister. Well, I take that back. They both took a picture in the end. She ended up being awesome, though. I about jumped for joy when I saw her walking up the steps. We have been working really really hard in order to get her to come to church. She had a lot of things to overcome in order to come, but she overcame them. The best part is she really had a good time, I think. One of our ward missionaries that we bring with us to visit her every time showed her around and pretty much did not leaver her side. Plus, we found out that the second counselor in the Stake Presidency and the Bishopric are her uncles. They are a really strong family. Her grandma is amazing. So she actually ended up knowing more people than I did at church. I was very happy. I can't wait to ask her about it next time we visit.

The next cool thing that happened with our investigators is John John. This week we taught him about the word of wisdom. He was a riot. When we asked him if we should smoke, he quickly shook his head and said, "No, that will give you bad breath." Well, we couldn't argue with the kid because that is very true. People who smoke do have some pretty bad breath. Things would be so much better if nobody smoked (cough, cough Fred). Anyway, then we asked him about drinking. He said that we should not do that because we would get drunk and become wild. At this point I was thinking he really knew his stuff. I was having a hard time not laughing too hard. Then, lastly, he said we would turn crazy if we do drugs. So I think he knows that lesson pretty well. Just as long as he keeps thinking that. As long as he comes to church the next three weeks, he can be baptized. It might be postponed though, because we want him to be with his brother and sister and they still have to fix a couple of things. We will just have to see how it goes.

Sister Mary Ann, the one going to have a baby, is getting very close to having her baby. Actually, she will probably have had it by the time I write again next week. So they should get married after that, but I just don't know how that will all go. I really hope they get married before the next transfer so I can see it.

I haven't eaten anything too weird this week. I am getting a lot better at cooking, though. I don't know how much it will help me when I get back since I don't have a rice cooker. I might have to buy one of those when I get back. I just hope I can get a good recipe book before I come back (and sorry for forgetting how to spell that right).

The funniest thing to happen to me this week was when we were just walking down the street. Some kids threw me the ball to shoot it. So of course, I just threw it up there, and of course made it. No joke. This was not good enough for them, though. So they threw it again. So I put my bag down and went up for the dunk. The entire back board ended up breaking. Now one side is about a foot lower than the other. I guess I was just lucky it did not come down completely. Surprisingly, they did not get mad. They just got really excited and laughed really hard. I guess it will just take another plank of wood to fix.

Well, I better get going. I love you all. Keep strong and remember what is really important in these trying times.

Elder Booth

No comments: