Monday, April 26, 2010

Sister Angle's Baptism!

Wow! Another baptism! How exciting! The person being baptized this time is Sis. Angle. She, of course, is the one in the middle and the Stake President, who happens to be baptizing her, is next to her. The sister on the right side is the wife of the Stake President.

Elder Booth, Elder Sanchez, the Stake President and his family, and Sis. Angle


Same as above...


The Stake President and Sis. Angle


Again...


Sis. Angle and the Stake President and his family


The next group of pictures are of "some members who were bored so stole the camera
and took some pictures," according to Elder Booth. I'm not sure of any names...







Here's another letter from Elder Booth:


Subject: Mabuhay
From: randybooth@myldsmail.net
Date: July 19, 2009 10:00:09 PM PDT

Well hello everybody. It sure sounds like everything is going well. I did not hear about too many changes taking place. It sounds like Ryan is back to catching the bad guys dressed in blue (tan). I don't know how you can do some of that stuff. I found that people are just easier if you don't have to deal with all their problems in life like that. It also sounds like Chad is the same old Chad. Just make sure you don't get out the paint ball gun. I still remember you shooting that poor dog with a marble as your ammunition instead of regular paint. It looks like a cute and fun dog, though. It will be big and fierce I'm sure when I get home. I sure miss all those outdoor adventures that I'm missing, though. It's not the same outdoors here. I want to be cold for a change. I still have a year and a half before that will happen, though.

Things here are going well. We have transfer announcements tomorrow, so we are all kind of nervous and excited to see what happens. I guess there is going to be a lot of change since a lot of missionaries are going home and none are coming in. So most of the missionaries are going to have two areas. Maybe even three. I have no idea what is going to happen to me. Anything could happen at this point. I really have don't know or have the slightest idea. I will just have to tell you what I am doing next week.

I finally got to meet the Mission President though, and have an interview. He is a really nice guy and really wants to get down and work. He is really in to obedience as well, which is how it should be. I just hope that a lot of missionaries will be able to shape up and follow the course. We can all do better. That's actually what he told me in when we talked. "Elder Booth you are doing good, but not good enough. We could all be doing better." I just hope that I will be able to improve myself and this area or the next one. Wherever they decide to put me, I guess. I am actually kind of nervous. I have just gotten comfortable again. I guess Ryan nailed it on the head when he said the Lord loves to pull you right out of the comfort zone. Making new comfort zones are always an adventure. I just hope I can do the job they give me.

The area is good, though. The baptism on Saturday was a success, but only barely. It had to be one of the most stressful times of my life. It all started when we got there and once again they had not started to fill the font. I found out that only one guy has the key to turn on the water and he was not told. So yea, I was kind of freaking out since the Stake President was the one who was doing the baptism. So I was kind of running around like a chicken without a head. I had to run to the guy's house and stuff. The Stake President just said that it was a great learning experience for me. He is a great guy. Oh, when it finally became time to change, we found out that he did not know for sure if he was doing to baptism. The investigator told him, but I guess he was waiting for us to tell him for sure. I never really had a chance to talk to him and I just figured her telling him was good enough. So he had to run home and grab some other garments. Then to top it off, the girl's dad had to leave right before it started. He said he would be back soon though. So I was just looking at the door while the speakers were speaking praying that he would walk in. When he didn't, I made a quick decision to do a special musical number by myself to take up time. I sung "Abide with me tis eventide". It actually went really well. Well that is just what I was told. I don't know if they were just trying to be nice, though. It all worked though. The dad ended up showing up as they were walking in the water. It was a great experience. In all though, we ended about two hours late. This was really a learning experience.

The rest of my investigators are doing great as well. We are really getting some special people to teach. I have been really lucky lately. Well I guess it's the spirit that is guiding me.

I have to be honest I can't really think of too many funny experiences. Oh, I guess I never told you about the crazy lady that gets up and talks in church. She used to be an investigator of ours but we kind of dropped her when we realized that she just was not right in the head. She still comes to church, though. I actually might try to visit her again. She comes to church and always sits on the stand next to bishop and gives him random papers that are supposed to be advice, I think. He actually just kind of complains about it. She is really funny, though. She is a great example to all those who can't find the time to come to church. I actually found out she goes to three churches on Sunday when most can't go to one. Well, I love you and wish you the best. I will tell you all about transfers next week.

Love Elder Booth

No comments: